Welcome to Buford
The City of Buford has come a long way since its beginnings in 1872 as a depot on the railway line between Atlanta and Charlotte, North Carolina. Major domestic and international companies have established operations in Buford. The Buford Dam has become a major source of power for the state, and Lake Lanier Islands is recognized as a premier recreational development in the Southeast.
Companies have located operations in Buford for some very solid reasons:
- Well-developed infrastructures enhance the efficiency of business operations and favorably impact bottom-line profits.
- Abundant, highly motivated, production-oriented labor force.
- City-owned water, sewer, gas, and electric systems provide the lowest utility rates in the area.
- Excellent, locally-controlled primary and secondary education system with a large number of major universities and technical schools within a 50-mile radius.
- The scenic beauty and small-town friendliness that create a nurturing environment for employees.
- Major industrial and commercial acreage available on major transportation arteries priced to attract new business.
Location: the Southeastern United States, North Georgia, Gwinnett County, 25 miles north of Atlanta, on the southern shores of Lake Lanier.
Transportation: Hartsfield International, Peachtree DeKalb, North Fulton, and Gwinnett Airports; Insterstate Highways I-85 and I-985, Buford Highway, and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. Local Bus and MARTA Station provide easy access to Atlanta.
Education: Independent city school system with local control of elementary, middle, and high schools. More than 10 major universities within a 50-mile radius.
Recreation: Fishing, boating, swimming, skiing, camping, beach & water park and golf at Lake Lanier Islands and local parks at Lake Lanier; hiking and camping in the north Georgia mountains; major league sports (baseball, basketball, football & hockey), theatre, concerts of all types, symphony, ballet and museums in nearby Atlanta.
Library: Buford-Sugar Hill, youth programs, story hours, computer section.
Restaurants: Most any type of restaurant in which to choose within 2 miles of the City of Buford. Many major chain restaurants have chosen to locate in Buford as well as unique, locally-owned restaurants. You are sure to find your local favorite.
Parks: 25-ACRE Buford City Park with tennis and basketball courts, as well as, baseball, softball, and soccer fields.
Health Services: Gwinnett Medical Center, Joan Glancy Hospital, and Northeast Georgia Medical Center are all easily accessible from the City of Buford.
Retail Shopping: Mall of Georgia, Art Colony Downtown, Cannery Row Antique Mall.
Our Buford Office
554 West Main Street, Suite 300
Buford, Georgia, 30518, Canada
Office: (770) 502-6232
Fax: (470) 878-2199
Contact us today!